Vendome’s new centralized resource includes a charitable giving program for nonprofits serving those with behavioral health disorders
NOVEMBER 1, 2016 / NEW YORK / Vendome Healthcare Media today announces the launch of the Institute for the Advancement of Behavioral Healthcare. The Institute will serve as Vendome’s centralized source on field news produced by its two award-winning publications, Addiction Professional and Behavioral Healthcare Executive, as well as for details on its multiple events in the field, including the National Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit and National Conference on Addiction Disorders.
“The Institute provides the behavioral healthcare field with a wide range of resources in multiple formats to meet a variety of educational needs,” says Institute Director Doug Edwards, who has been serving the behavioral healthcare community for nearly 17 years. “Our mission of providing objective editorial content and expert opinions from field change makers will continue. The Institute provides us with a centralized resource to share this information.”
The Institute will also support nonprofit organizations improving the lives of people with mental illness or addiction disorders through its new grant program. Grant applications will be reviewed by the Institute’s board:
• Jane Butler, Chair, Vendome Healthcare Media
• Nancy Hale, President and CEO, Operation UNITE
• Ed Jones, PhD, Senior Vice President for Strategic Planning, Institute for Health and Productivity Management
• Andrew Kessler, Principal, Slingshot Solutions
• Jean Krisle, CEO and Founder, 10,000 Beds, Inc.
• Steven Millette, LMHC, LAC, recent Executive Director, Center for Dependency, Addiction and Rehabilitation (CeDAR)
• Raymond V. Tamasi, President, Gosnold on Cape Cod
• Mary Woods, CEO, WestBridge
As part of the launch, the Institute is debuting new visual identities for each of its media brands and conferences, which include:
• Addiction Professional magazine
• The newly rebranded Behavioral Healthcare Executive magazine
• National Conference on Addiction Disorders
• National Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit
• Summits for Clinical Excellence
• Treatment Center Investment & Valuation Retreat
• Treatment Center Executive & Marketing Retreat
The Institute continuously engages more than 190,000 professionals, including front-line clinicians and private-practice therapists; nurses, physicians, and other medical professionals; and executive-level decision makers at a wide range of for-profit, not-for-profit, public, and private mental health and substance use treatment organizations. The Institute also leads discussions among policy makers, prevention and public health officials, law enforcement personnel, and community advocates.
For more information, visit www.iadvancebehavioralhealthcare.com or contact Doug Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-373-1201.